Which topics are typically covered?
- Product innovation
- Market and competition analysis
- Competitive advantage (USP)
- Business model and pricing
- Pitch deck and business plan if applicable
- Preparation of financial plan
- Financing strategy
- Addressing investors
- Accompaniment of the investor discussions until successful conclusion
what You can expect
How does the cooperation work?
- We meet every one or two weeks personally in the premises of the founders, at MMC Finance or via video call.
- We spend three to four hours working intensively on the topics at hand. In my experience, concentration drops after such a meeting and the input has to be digested. With half-day meetings, the available coaching hours can be used most effectively for the founders.
- I act as a sparring partner and give open and clear feedback immediately.
- At the end of the appointment we discuss the tasks to be completed and set the next appointment.
- I provide templates, e.g. for the financial plan.
- The founders are welcome to send me revised documents so that I can analyse them before the next appointment. This makes the appointments much more efficient.
- I bill the concrete hours spent. This means, in addition to the pure meeting time, also preparation and post-processing times or also time spent in connection with the funding agency (especially appointments with the funding agency and preparation of the final report). The ratio between the time spent together in meetings and the rest is, according to experience, about 3:1. I record the hours in a time sheet, which I make available.
- Most support programs usually approve packages of about 4 coaching days (i.e. 32 hours over a period of about three months). However, I support many start-up teams over a much longer period of time, e.g. within the framework of further subsidized coaching packages or a direct agreement with a performance-related component. I am interested in a long-term cooperation.
- Within the framework of projects within the various support programmes, I have committed myself to confidentiality. If, in addition, a confidentiality agreement (NDA) is desired, this is no problem.
- Invoicing usually takes place after completion of the coaching package. Billing via the activation and placement voucher (AVGS) of the Federal Employment Agency is not possible.
Statements of our clients
"The consulting services we used for the foundation and financial planning were to our complete satisfaction. We can highly recommend the cooperation with Michael".
Sebastian Genschow, founder of EKAROS
"Michael coached us, the founders of UC.Pilot GmbH, in pricing our software and improving financial planning and sales topics. Thank you very much for the great cooperation!"
(founder of UC.Pilot GmbH)
"We worked intensively with Michael on our business model and financial plan during the IBB coaching. His tools and advice were extremely valuable."
(founder of Maketank GmbH)
"Dr. Wehrheim has supported talknow in the concretization of the business model as well as the business and financial planning. We are looking forward to continuing the productive cooperation."
(founder of talknow GmbH)